In celebration of Healthy Lifestyles Month, National PTA and GOYA-Move are partnering to support healthy lifestyles by offering $1000 grants to 15 local PTAs who commit to hosting a “Get Off Your Apps” Physical Activity Event at their elementary and middle schools during the month of November. So, put down those devices and join in the fun!To be awarded the grant to host a “Get Off Your Apps” Physical Activity Event, PTA applicants must:·Serve elementary and/or middle schools·Hold a physical activity event between November 1-30, 2018·Be a PTA in good standing·Commit to engaging families in a fun and engaging physical activity of your choosing·Participate in a webinar on how to host your event·
Submit evaluation results to National PTA after the event by deadlineApplications must be complete and submitted online by 8:00 pm EST/5:00 pm on August 26, 2018.Visit PTA.org/CelebrateHe
For 50 years, the National PTA Reflections arts program has helped millions of students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
The program’s golden year vision is to inspire all students and their families to participate in educational activities and celebratory events. In honor of the program’s milestone and respect to its purpose and vision, National PTA challenges all PTAs to spark creativity and learning fun by hosting Reflections educational activities for all students to participate in and learn through the arts.
Tell us your plans on how you will deliver Reflections educational activities to all children at your school and be considered for a National PTA Reflections Grant! National PTA will honor the commitment of two applicants for their projects that will aim to increase access to high quality arts learning and increase participation in PTA Reflections. 2018 Reflections Grants provide your PTA the opportunity to match National PTA’s Mary Lou Anderson Endowment dollars with that of school and community partners to accomplish arts education projects.
Competitive applications will demonstrate:
- A commitment to delivering proven strategies for increasing access to high quality arts learning experiences—providing new pathways for students to participate in PTA Reflections
- A detailed budget of $1,000 or more for educational resources, materials and/or instruction expenses. A combination of financial and/or in-kind contributors (e.g. PTA, school, and community business) must match the grant award of $1,000. Matching funds are unrestricted and may include in-kind supplies/services.
- Alignment with Reflections theme and efforts to involve the whole school community in activities/events between September 1 and November 1, 2018
- Applicant must be a PTA in good standing, as determined by the State PTA.
- Project must occur between September 1 and November 1, 2018.
- Project budget must include $1,000 in contributions from school/community partner.
- Project budget must include $1,000 in expenses for teacher and learning resources/supplies.
- Recipient must complete a post-project survey by December 21.
- Project will welcome and encourage ALL students to participate in PTA Reflections.
- Project will deliver high quality arts education lessons/activities in the literary, media, visual and/or performing arts and ensure teaching and learning strategies meet student needs.
- Application Period: April – June
- Awards Announced: September
- Grant Period: September – November
- Encourage all students to have fun and explore the arts.
- Provide arts supplies to students needing them most.
- Build relationships with families and school personnel.
- Establish powerful school-community arts partnerships.
The Jimmie Johnson Foundation was launched in 2006 by 7-time NASCAR Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson and his wife, Chandra. The focus of the Foundation is to support K-12 public education in the United States through a variety of programs and activities.
The Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program is a partnership between the Jimmie Johnson Foundation and Blue Bunny Ice Cream which encourages individuals to nominate a charity (including PTA/PTO groups) that supports K-12 public education in the U.S. for the opportunity to receive a $25,000 grant, a Blue Bunny Ice Cream party, and to have their logo featured on Jimmie’s helmet during the NASCAR Cup race on July 14th at Kentucky Speedway. Ten (10) non-profits will be selected from the nominations as semi-finalists and will be put to a public vote the week of May 8-May 15. The five (5) semi-finalist charities that receive the most votes during that week will each be awarded the grant package mentioned above!
We have struggled to reach Parent Teacher Associations to let them know about this program, and were wondering if you promote grant opportunities that are available to your members. We’d love to get the word out to as many PTA’s as possible!
The nomination process only takes a few minutes – details can be found at www.helmetofhope.org. Nominations will be accepted until 5:00pm EDT on Friday, April 20th. It is important to note that individuals may only submit one nomination, however, non-profits can be nominated by multiple people so feel free to share this opportunity!
Missouri PTA is pleased to announce the 2018 “Within Reach” State Reflections Program winners. These students and their families will be receiving an invitation to the annual Missouri PTA Student Showcase on April 29th at the Stoney Creek Hotel and Convention Center in Independence. The first place winning entries have been advanced to National PTA for consideration. The national level results will be announced in early May.
Please notify Missouri PTA with any corrections to this list by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 30th. This will help ensure that all student awards and program materials are correct. Thank you in advance for your help.
Congratulations to all of our Reflections participants and volunteers on very successful program this year. Thank you for helping keep the Reflections Program a strong and cherished PTA tradition.