For 50 years, the National PTA Reflections arts program has helped millions of students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
The program’s golden year vision is to inspire all students and their families to participate in educational activities and celebratory events. In honor of the program’s milestone and respect to its purpose and vision, National PTA challenges all PTAs to spark creativity and learning fun by hosting Reflections educational activities for all students to participate in and learn through the arts.
Tell us your plans on how you will deliver Reflections educational activities to all children at your school and be considered for a National PTA Reflections Grant! National PTA will honor the commitment of two applicants for their projects that will aim to increase access to high quality arts learning and increase participation in PTA Reflections. 2018 Reflections Grants provide your PTA the opportunity to match National PTA’s Mary Lou Anderson Endowment dollars with that of school and community partners to accomplish arts education projects.
Competitive applications will demonstrate:
- A commitment to delivering proven strategies for increasing access to high quality arts learning experiences—providing new pathways for students to participate in PTA Reflections
- A detailed budget of $1,000 or more for educational resources, materials and/or instruction expenses. A combination of financial and/or in-kind contributors (e.g. PTA, school, and community business) must match the grant award of $1,000. Matching funds are unrestricted and may include in-kind supplies/services.
- Alignment with Reflections theme and efforts to involve the whole school community in activities/events between September 1 and November 1, 2018
Apply by 11:59 PST on Saturday, June 30, 2018.
- Applicant must be a PTA in good standing, as determined by the State PTA.
- Project must occur between September 1 and November 1, 2018.
- Project budget must include $1,000 in contributions from school/community partner.
- Project budget must include $1,000 in expenses for teacher and learning resources/supplies.
- Recipient must complete a post-project survey by December 21.
- Project will welcome and encourage ALL students to participate in PTA Reflections.
- Project will deliver high quality arts education lessons/activities in the literary, media, visual and/or performing arts and ensure teaching and learning strategies meet student needs.
- Application Period: April – June
- Awards Announced: September
- Grant Period: September – November
- Encourage all students to have fun and explore the arts.
- Provide arts supplies to students needing them most.
- Build relationships with families and school personnel.
- Establish powerful school-community arts partnerships.