Action for Healthy Kids will be hosting a series of 10-minute Facebook Live videos presented by experts, so mark your calendars to tune in.
- Mindfulness Monday 4/20, 3:30pm CT: On Mindfulness Monday, help your kids find their center and check in with how they’re feeling. Use this practice to set intentions for the week ahead or wind down before bed. Presented by Ashley Green, AFHK Program Manager and Yoga Teacher-in-Training
- Tasty Tuesday 4/21, 2pm CT: On Tasty Tuesday, join with your kids for a taste test…with a twist. Learn how to customize a healthy homemade granola that goes from breakfast to snack time. Presented by Grace Perry, AFHK Program Manager and Registered Dietitian
- Earth Day Wellness Wednesday 4/22, 4:30pm CT: On Earth Day Wellness Wednesday, learn how to use veggie scraps and household trash to grow new, healthy foods for your family—you don’t even need a garden. Presented by Danielle Marquez, AFHK Parent Ambassador and Gardener Extraordinaire
- Thoughtful Thursday 4/23, 4pm CT: On Thoughtful Thursday, help your kids recognize and talk about what they are grateful for by learning how to build a “gratitude tree” centerpiece.
Presented by Rob Bisceglie, AFHK CEO
- Fitness Friday 4/24, 2pm CT: On Fitness Friday, get ready to test your concentration and physical activity skills with a game of “Up, Down. Stop, Go.” The whole family can participate and play – just prep a small space with enough room to move around. Presented by Tashan Kilkenny, AFHK State Coordinator and Youth Development Specialist
If you’re participating in Every Kid Healthy Week at home, post a photo or video on social media, tag Action for Healthy Kids, and use #EveryKidHealthyWeek. We can’t wait to see what you’re doing.