Webinar: Supporting Hispanic Students’ Success
Sept. 15, 2016 Time for webinar in Spanish:
1 p.m. EST—Register Now Time for webinar in English:
7 p.m. EST— Register Now
Twenty-five percent of students today are Hispanic, and Hispanic children and youth are the fastest-growing population in America. We know that Hispanic and Latino parents want the best for their children and want to be engaged, but there are cultural and language barriers that make it challenging.
As Hispanic families head back to school, it is important they are equipped with tools and resources to help their children start strong and stay on track to success.
In this webinar, you will:
- Gain knowledge of the impact of family engagement on student success and ways to support Hispanic and Latino children’s learning and development in school, at home and in the community.
- Learn how to advocate for a quality and equitable education to ensure that every child has the opportunity to reach his/her full potential.
- Geronimo M. Rodriguez Jr., 2015-2017 National PTA board member
- Margaret R. (Peggy) McLeod, Ed.D, deputy vice president, education and workforce development, National Council of La Raza and White House appointee as a member on the board of directors of the National Board for Education Sciences
- Jo-Ann Rullan, director, community empowerment initiatives, Univision Communications Inc.
- Adriana Flores-Ragade, partnership director, social impact, Univision Communications Inc.
Contact Armen Alvarez
, National PTA multicultural membership development manager, for more info.
It is a top priority of National PTA to ensure all families in all communities are welcomed, supported and engaged in their children’s education, which is proven to make a difference for student success. Univision Communications and Common Sense Media are key allies in our efforts to better serve and reach Hispanic families.
Download the Spanish version of this invitation and share with your Spanish-speaking audiences.