All of this information comes directly from National PTA
Ways to contact National PTA and voice your opinion are at the bottom of this page.
At convention in June 2018, National PTA’s officers reported on the strong state of the association and announced the need to invest our resources for long-term success in forwarding our mission to better the education, health and safety of every child in America for generations to come.
“We’re thinking 10+ years ahead, not making a short-term fix.”
While membership unfortunately continues to decline, our robust and ongoing resource development efforts have shored up some of our financial gaps. However, these stopgaps are short term.
- Today, $2.25 of each PTA member’s dues go to National PTA.
- Over 70% of that amount goes to programs and services.
- With inflation, the purchasing power of $2.25 is now only worth $2.
“We need more to secure our brand and adequately support our leaders, schools and families, and invest in a bright future.”
What a Dues Increase Can Do for PTA
Proposed Dues Amount: $3.75
The Board of Directors convened a dues increase working group, consisting of volunteers and staff, to assess current resources and future investment needs. The proposed $1.50 dues increase will cover:
- Securing our Future: Maintaining National PTA’s brand, influence and relevancy with policymakers and the next generation of parents
- Strategic Business, Innovation and Technology:Association rebranding, enhanced leadership training and strategic database and software technology investments
- Inflation: Revenue lost from inflation from years 2011 to 2018
- Leadership Development: Current investments in volunteer training and membership growth
How You Can Help
Our members are essential to this process and we value your feedback as we consider the best and most effective options.
PTA members at all levels across the country are encouraged to provide input and make recommendations for the association’s membership dues increase.
Here’s what you can do…
- Share your thoughts and recommendations for the proposed membership dues increase in the form below.
- Attend our Town Hall March 14 during the 2019 Legislative Conference.
- Participate in our webinars and other updates as we share more information with PTA members.
- Encourage other members to be involved—We want to ensure everyone’s voice is heard!
Thank you for your commitment to our nation’s children and families and to National PTA.