The postmark deadline for our Early Bird Award is Monday, September 29, 2014; since the 28th of the month falls on a Sunday. Membership dues must be postmarked on or before Monday, September 29th to earn the Early Bird distinction.
• PTA Surveys click HERE (in MS Word format)
• Membership section of the Tool Kit. The Tool Kit is emailed to each unit president during the summer. It is also available online in the PTA Members Section of this website.
• PTA Membership Quick-Reference Guide. This is included in the Back-to-School kit from National PTA. The kit is available online.
• Procedure Book. This should be passed on to you from your predecessor. If you didn’t get one, start one now.
• National website: Check out the latest information & hints about card activation, member benefits and growing your PTA.
• Check out “201 Ways to Increase Your Membership“.
• Search the Internet: PTA Membership, PTA Membership Campaigns, PTA Membership Ideas, etc.; Look at other State or unit PTA Websites and Newsletters on-line
• CONTACT: This is a state magazine publication that is online under the PTA Members Section of this website
Planning for how your PTA unit will be the best it has ever been, begins with choosing a theme and setting membership goals! Use the State Membership Theme: T.N.T. ~ Today, Not Tomorrow, or you can brainstorm one of your own.Read More»
Building Today’s PTA Contest …….
Missouri is currently in 2nd place.
Membership Madness: Go! Grow! Score!
March is Membership Madness Month at PTA. Discover how your PTA can score up to $6,000 just by growing your membership. See the Building Today’s PTA Contest Rules. March is your last month to sign-up and report members before the buzzer sounds on March 31!
And remember, don’t hesitate….activate those membership cards!
Congratulation Early Birds!
The Early Bird Awards were presented during the Awards Luncheon at the 2009-2010 Missouri PTA State Convention. Units were recognized for sending in the highest membership based upon last year’s total membership to the state office postmarked on or before September 17, 2010.
Early Childhood/Elementary/Special Education
Shoal Creek Elementary PTA
Liberty School District
Pony Exress Region
South Valley Jr. High PTSA
Liberty School District
Pony Express Region
Springfield School District
What is a business member?
Business members are companies that join your PTA, but are usually required to pay a different membership cost than individual members. Many PTAs offer special incentives for businesses joining their PTA’s.
What does the average PTA charge for a business membership?
There is no specific answer to this since it varies quite drastically across the state. Dues can vary from $10.00 all the way to $75.00 or more. As with individual dues, the amount your PTA charges for a business membership is addressed in your bylaws. Depending on what a PTA is willing to provide a business in incentives, often determines the amount they charge.
What kind of incentives can a PTA offer business members?
The biggest asset you have to offer as a PTA is exposure a.k.a. “advertising”. You may list your business members in your newsletters, on your PTA bulletin board, your website, student directory, yearbook, etc. The more you can offer a business, the more your business memberships are worth.
Aside from PTA parents who are business owners, what other places are good to approach for business memberships?
Local businesses located around your school or neighborhoods where your students live. Your parents are usually their customer base, so what better advertising for them than to show their support of your school. Just remember….you can never promise a business that you will tell your membership to make a purchase from them, BUT you may tell your members/parents to say “thank you” to that business for their support.
Can a business member attend our meetings or vote on PTA business?
Yes, they can. They have joined your PTA and therefore are considered a member, but they are only issued one (1) card so no matter how many employees that business has, they only are allowed one vote.